The Kearney Visitors Bureau has been following the rapidly evolving news about Coronavirus (COVID-19) and we understand that our community and travelers may be concerned about COVID-19 and how it may affect them. We have compiled lists of openings and closings and links to more information to try to help during this ever-changing time. We will do our best to keep an updated list but please understand things are changing frequently.
Gov. Ricketts Reminds Nebraskans of CDC Guidance Limiting Gatherings to Ten People
LINCOLN – This afternoon, Governor Pete Ricketts reminded Nebraskans of new guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) limiting gatherings to ten people or less.
“I want to remind everyone that the 10-person limit is guidance from the CDC,” said Gov. Ricketts. “It is not a law enforcement action. It’s going to take individual action from all of us to make this work. Please use common sense in applying it. There will be great sacrifice for all of us in this. Together, we can combat COVID-19 and keep Nebraskans healthy.”
The most recent guidance can be found by clicking here.
- March 15, 2020: The CDC, in accordance with its guidance for large events and mass gatherings, recommends that for the next 8 weeks, organizers (whether groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 10 people or more throughout the United States.
- March 13, 2020: Governor Ricketts press conference with education and business leaders to discuss COVID-19 Response.
Kearney Archway – CLOSED
Classic Car Collection – OPEN
Fort Kearny State Historical Park – CLOSED
G.W. Frank Museum of History and Culture – CLOSED
Kearney Area Children’s Museum – CLOSED
Kearney Public Library – CLOSED
Kearney, Nebraska Visitors Bureau -OPEN
Museum of Nebraska Art – CLOSED
Nebraska Firefighters Museum & Education Center – CLOSED
Rowe Sanctuary – CLOSED
Trails and Rails Museum (BuffaloCounty HistoricalSociety) – CLOSED
Nebraska Wildlife Encounter-Zoozeum – CLOSED
Kearney Cinema 8 – CLOSED
Peterson Senior Activity Center – CLOSED
The Big Apple – CLOSED
Hilltop Mall – OPEN but limited store and hours
The World Theater – CLOSED
- NSAA State Speech at UNK – March 26-27 – Suspended
- The Lettermen at Merryman Performing Arts Center – Postponed
- Tri-City Storm Hockey – USHL Season Suspended
- Crane Passport Program – Postponed
- Guided Crane Tours at Rowe Sanctuary – Currently cancelled
- Crane Photography Workshops – Cancelled
- Fort Kearny Outdoor Expo – Cancelled
- Audubon Nebraska’s Crane Festival – Cancelled
- Younes Hospitality (March 17)
The health and safety of our guests and team is always our primary focus. In response to COVID-19 we will be closing our hotel pools and modifying our breakfast offerings.We have had no reported positive COVID-19 cases within our communities. However, with the recent focus from federal and state government officials on restricting large gatherings, we believe it is in the best interest of our guests and staff.We are here to answer questions as well 308-234-2292!
- City of Kearney website
- Short Term Compensation for Layoffs from the Nebraska Department of Labor
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
- The U.S. Travel Association Emergency Preparedness and Response: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- SBA Disaster Assistance in response to COVID-19