Registration for all crane-viewing tours will be delayed until at least February 1, 2021.
We highly recommend a guided tour at Rowe Sanctuary. There you will watch from a discovery station strategically placed along the Platte River to provide excellent views of Sandhill Cranes on their river roost.
Tours are held at sunrise and sunset. Each tour lasts approximately two hours and is led by trained guides.
Crane Season 2021
Crane Season Tour Dates: March 6 – April 11
Please be aware that ALL programming is subject to change.
Rowe Sanctuary is evaluating local health conditions on an ongoing basis to determine the which events and crane viewing opportunities cantake place. The safety of our staff, volunteers, and guests are the utmost priority. Please use the following guidelines to assist in your decision making.
Rowe Sanctuary will only be operating our General Crane Viewing Experiences and our Overnight Photo Experiences this year (tripods will be allowed on the General Crane Viewing Experience).
In 2021, we will NOT be providing our photography experiences, indoor viewing, crane behavior basics, speaker series, school field trips and family viewing nights.
Safety Precautions for all guided Crane Viewing Experiences:
- Occupancy in each viewing station will be reduced by 50%, providing space for guests to social distance.
- As a result of our current staffing situation and a reduction in volunteer participation, we will reduce the number of tours we provide each morning and evening accordingly.
- All guests will be required to wear a mask while on Audubon property both inside and outside, including on all tours. Dark colored masks required for viewing blinds.
- We will not be doing the indoor orientation before each tour. We are working on creating a safer check-in process which will inform the the arrival times for each tour. The precise time will be determined at a future date.
- All participants on the tours and in the visitor center will be required to provide contact information in accordance with our local health department guidelines (for contact tracing reasons).
Trails and Center
The Sanctuary trails and visitor center will be open for reduced hours, 10 am to 2 pm daily beginning Feb 15 – April 15.
All information is subject to change.